Jul 19, 2014

Korres review

 
If you follow my blog, you might have already read my Santorini shopping post in which I shared a few tips on where to shop for good skincare products while in Santorini. Today I want to review Korres, since this is a brand I have rarely heard of before visiting Greece. And I am so impressed with the quality of the products I got, that I cannot but share them with you, so that if you get the chance to buy these you do so because they are really good products at affordable prices and made with natural ingredients.
 
Let's start with the Korres Milk Proteins 3 in 1 Cleansing Emulsion......After trying various milk and creamy eye makeup removers/cleansers, I can easily say this is my favourite so far. First of all I love the brand name, the packaging and the prices - just under 14 euros for 200 ml. And Korres claims to be a natural skincare brand, which is always a plus for me - since I am sensitive to chemical and very strong scents. The back of the bottle states that .....'Korres Milk Proteins emulsion gently cleanses, tones and moisturizes: it removes face and eye make-up, sebum and dirt, allowing the skin to breathe.' While I totally agree with the fact that this product is a great eye and face make-up remover and can double as a cleanser, if you like your cleanser to have a creamy consistency (I prefer a gel consistency), and I also agree with the fact that it leaves your skin moisturized but not greasy, I am not sure about the toning properties. It might however be that the ingredients used in this emulsion promote skin toning. While this product is not fragrance free, its scent is not too strong and doesn't bother me at all.
 
Korres Fluid Gel Cleanser with White tea......I have tried to love this product, but unfortunately I don't. While I like its scent, every time I have been using it I felt the need to re-wash my face with the Dr. Organic Tea Tree Face Wash. You might know by now that I love cleansers that give me that squeaky clean feel, leave my skin refreshed and remove all the oil which might have formed during the day or night. And that feeling I am talking about I only get it with the Dr. Organic Tea Tree face wash. However, if you are looking for a cleanser which is not creamy and not too liquid, but which foams just a little and if you have more of a dry than combination to oily skin like mine, this product might be perfect for you. It is not however the perfect cleanser for me, although I will give it a try during the colder months and see how it performs.
 
Korres Pomegranate Moisturizing Cream-Gel...This is the star of the show in my opinion. It gives the perfect blend of creamy moisturizing and cooling and toning effect/feeling when applied. For 18 euros, although it comes in a 40 ml container, I think it is relatively cheap for how good it is. And you only need a tiny amount on each area of the face. I use this only at night, and as the lady in the Imerovigli's pharmacy said, it's the perfect moisturizer for the Summer months. I usually rarely moisturize in Summers, or use a very light lotion, because my skin can feel very oily. But this cream-gel is perfect because it is cooling while moisturizing, and doesn't leave any greasy feeling. If you are slightly dry, you might want to use this in the morning as well. And if you are oily you might want to use this in Winter too. In fact the back of the container says 'Oily to combination skin'. The scent, while stronger than the milk proteins emulsion, is very nice and I also like the pink glass packaging. Usually creams like this would start at a price of 30 euros and go way up to hundreds of euros.

 
Korres moisturizing hand cream with organic almond oil & calendula....Because I like calendula and I know almond is very moisturizing I was immediately attracted to this hand cream.When I travel I am always looking for a new hand cream to try, since my hands are constantly dry. The packaging is so cute that it won me over. However, I must say that I am not very impressed with this hand cream. I don't love the scent and I do not think it is very moisturizing. If you are looking into buying a calendula hand cream you should go for the Dr. Scheller Calendula hand balm.
 
Finally but certainly not least is the Korres lip butter in Jasmine scent. While I am never attracted to floral scents, when I smelled this in the Imerovigli's pharmacy I knew I had to have it. It was the perfect scent, not too rich and sweet but yet resembling caramel. And the texture was so creamy and smooth, without being too sticky, that I couldn't wait to try it on my lips. Unfortunately, they only had a tester as the product is no longer being stocked in Santorini. So you can imagine my sad reaction, and even better my delightedness when I came across the same lip butter at the airport in Athens, just before boarding. So I immediately grabbed it and now I can enjoy it every day. The back of the product says...'A buttery lip balm that melts on the lips and offers a shiny, tinted finish.' I totally agree with this. And I think this is perfect for Summer, as it is not very thick. However, I thought it would be more moisturizing. I have yet to find a lip butter that stays on for hours at night. So if you have one product to suggest, please do so in the comments below.

 
With most of these products being huge hits for me, I cannot but recommend the Korres brand to anyone looking for inexpensive natural skincare products, which are also good for sensitive skin. I am definitely looking forward to trying out more Korres products, including an eye cream/gel and another face cream or serum.

Have you tried Korres? Which is your favourite product?
 
STAY FAB

0 comments:

Post a Comment